New Solid Rock Fellowship Church
Notes from Men’s Huddle
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Men in Attendance
Bro. James Ashby Bro. Kevin Muller, Jr.
MIT Deacon Willie “Jack” Briscoe Bro. Robert Payne
Deacon Alfonza Jones Pastor Ernest Sewell
Bro. Kenneth Moore Bro. Larry Williams
Deacon Levert Moore
Bro. Kenneth Moore read an inspiring prayer that he had shared with the men on the 2/16/2016 Tuesday Evening Prayer Conference Call.
MIT Deacon Jack Briscoe shared a teaching on “A Husband’s Proper Alignment” from Dr. Tony Evans’ Bible Study Guide entitled One Family Under God.
Tuesday Night Prayer Conference Call Prayer Leaders
2/23 – Bro. James Ashby
3/1 – Bro. Robert Payne
3/8 – Pastor E
3/15 – Deacon Alfonza Jones
3/22 – Bro. Kenneth Moore
3/29 – Bro. Larry Williams
4/4 – Deacon Alfonza Jones
4/11 – Deacon Levert Moore
1. Security Guidelines – we discussed the items that should be included in a security plan, such as security equipment, safety alarm, walkie-talkies, identifying insignia for security ministry, evacuation plan, additional means to secure/restrict access to building, and professional training. Bro. Kenneth Moore and Deacon Levert Moore will prepare a draft of the guidelines for review.
2. Men’s Retreat – we determined that the majority of the brothers preferred a 2 – 3 day retreat. Bro. Robert Payne agreed to check with Elder Kenneth Smith to find out if he had any recommendations. Pastor E will continue exploring retreat possibilities.
3. Young Men’s Outing – Bro. James Ashby reported that he would present some options at our next Men’s Huddle.
4. Worship Environment – a plan was discussed for male ushers to be sensitive and take positive action to assure a proper worship environment.
5. FPU – Pastor E encouraged all the brothers to take advantage of upcoming offering of Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University at our church on Wednesday’s, March 2 – May 25, at 7 P.M.
6. Men’s Bible Study – at Bro. Robert Payne’s suggestion, it was agreed that a Men’s Bible Study would be held at the church on the same evening the Sisters of Substance Women’s Ministry met for their meeting. MIT Deacon Jack Briscoe and Deacon Alfonza Jones agreed to share responsibility to lead the Bible Study and to review their plans with Pastor E. The first Men’s Bible Study will be on Friday, February 26 at 7 P.M. Brothers should arrive at church by 6:30 P.M. to provide security to the ladies as they arrive.
7. Leaf Vacuum– Deacon Alfonza Jones recommended that the Sons of Levi purchase a leaf vacuum to facilitate maintaining the church grounds. He agreed to obtain information on the cost and various types available and present his findings at the next Men’s Huddle.
8. Men’s Chorale – Bro. Larry Williams agreed to head the Men’s Chorale ministry. We will continue to have our rehearsals on the second Sunday of each month following the Vocal Praise Choir rehearsal. At times, we will be asked to rehearse along with the Vocal Praise Choir.
Next Men’s Huddle – Sunday, April 17, 2016 – 1:30 P.M. in Fellowship Hall (No Men’s Huddle in March due to Palm Sunday)
Notes from 2-26-2016 Men’s Bible Study
Brothers in attendance:
Deacon Alfonza Jones – Teacher
Deacon Levert Moore
Bro. Kevin Muller
Bro. Robert Payne
Excellent teaching and informative discussion! Deacon Al taught on the roles of family members with special emphasis on the responsibilities of husbands and fathers. I encourage you to study the following Scriptures. The closing prayer is a great model prayer for husbands and fathers to pray often.
Scriptures for Men’s Bible Study – Friday, February 26, 2016
1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Ephesians 5:25-26 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Ephesians 5:28-29 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Colossians 3:18-19 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.19 Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
l Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
l Timothy 5:8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
Closing Prayer——All together
Heavenly Father grant us with your Holy Spirit that we may come before you as humbly as we know how. We pray for guidance by the Holy Spirit that we may be good fathers and leaders to our family. We pray that we will guide our families in a way that is pleasing to you. Forgive us of any unpleasant thoughts we may have and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. These things we pray in Jesus name. Amen.