New Solid Rock Fellowship Church
Notes from Men’s Huddle
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Brothers in Attendance
Bro. James Ashby
Deacon Designate Levert Moore
Minister-in-Training Deacon Willie “Jack” Briscoe
Bro. Robert Payne
Bro. Paulloyd Carter
Bro. Richard Shand
Deacon Alfonza Jones
Pastor Ernest Sewell
Bro. Kenneth Moore
Bro. Larry Williams
Bro. Robert Payne had each brother select a slip of paper on which was written one of the 10 Commandments. After the brother read the Commandment, he shared what it meant to him and others made comment.
Signs of a Lukewarm Christian
Bro Robert Payne and Pastor E led the brothers in a discussion of 1 – 10 of the following list. The remainder will be discussed at the next Men’sHuddle.
22 Signs of a Lukewarm Christian:
- Prayer is either nonexistent or mechanical. 1 Thess. 5:17, Jer. 29:12,13
- You know the Word but you don’t really live it. Ps. 119:11
- Thoughts about ETERNAL MATTERS no longer grip your heart. Rom. 12:2
- You indulge in inward and outward sin without feeling devastated. James 1:6-8
- A longing for holiness and being set apart is no longer a passion. Eph. 5:11-16
- The pursuit of money, possessions and position grossly overshadow your pursuit of CHRIST. Matt. 6:19,20
- You can listen to worship music that glorifies GOD and carnal music that glorifies sin with reasoning and justification. 1 Cor. 10:21
- You can hear unbelievers mock the church and eternal matters without becoming grieved. 1 Pet. 3:15
- Your main concerns are your own pleasures and comfort. Gal. 6:7,8
- You no longer have a DEEP HUNGER for GOD. Isa. 26:9, Matt. 5:6
- You no longer live with a full and grateful heart. 1 Thess. 5:18
- You have little concern for the eternal souls of others. Jude 1:21-23
- You always see your level of spirituality in positive terms. 1 Cor. 10:12, Rom. 12:
- You are more concerned about your pet doctrines than people’s souls. 1 Cor. 8:8-1
- Sports and entertainment and your toys and gadgets are to the point of idolatry in your life. Matt. 6:33, Rom. 1:22-2
- You are more concerned with your outward image than your inward reality. 1 Pet. 3:3,4
- You have a head full of biblical knowledge and a heart of stone. Prov. 3:5,6
- You are driven by the lust of the flesh in a major way. (VARIOUS ADDICTIONS – porn, and other sexual sin, drugs, alcohol, gambling, etc. Gal. 5:19-21
- You admire GOD’s Word but see no need to commit to seriously follow it. John 10:27, John 14:23,24
- You go to church to feel something, rather than to hear and respond. 1 Cor. 2:14, Rom. 10:17
- You desperately pursue validation from men rather than from GOD. John:12:43, Luke 11:4,5
- You base your morality on comparing yourself with others, rather than on what God Says. Matt. 16:24, Eph. 5:1,2
“So, because you are lukewarm–neither hot nor cold–I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”
Rev. 3:16 NIV
Tuesday Night Prayer Conference Call Prayer Leaders for the rest of the year
11/17 – Bro. Robert Payne
11/24 – Bro. Charles Butts
12/1 – Bro. Larry Williams
12/8 – Bro. Kenneth Moore
12/15 – Deacon Willie Briscoe
12/22 – Deacon Alfonza Jones
12/29 – Pastor E
Deacon Jones reported that the turkeys will be purchased be on Wednesday, November 18 and stored at church and, if necessary, in his freezer at home. Those men who are able to, but have not yet done so, should make their $25 donation towards the purchase of the turkeys to Deacon Jones ASAP.
The brothers agreed to meet at the church on Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:00 P.M. to stock the baskets. Baskets will be distributed on Sunday, November 22 following service or delivered on Monday, November 23.
The brothers rehearsed singing the following two songs: “Welcome, Holy Spirit” and “Wherever I Go.”
Upcoming opportunities for the Men’s Chorale to minister are: 4thSunday of November during Praise & Worship and 1st Sunday of December at Future Care – Lochearn at 3:30 P.M.
Brothers have been requested to sing with the Vocal Praise Choir when they sing “Hallelujah, I’m Walking With The King” and “Jesus Is My Rock.” We will be informed of the rehearsal dates and times.
The brothers need to decide what other time during the month theMen’s Chorale will be rehearsing, besides during the 3rd Sunday’s Men’sHuddle. We need to let Bro. James know what our preference is.
Minister-in-Training Deacon Briscoe announced the kick-off ot the “Bless Be The Tie” Fundraiser during service today. He and Bro. Kenneth Moore set up the necktie display and received donations in the Fellowship Hall. The Fundraiser will continue for the next few Sundays in the Fellowship Hall following service.